Bangladesh recorded three more deaths with measles symptoms in the 24 hours to 8am Friday, raising the total number of deaths linked to measles and measles-like symptoms since 15 March to 928, according to a measles bulletin issued by the Directorate General of Health Services.
The health directorate said the latest update covers the 24-hour period from 8am Thursday to 8am Friday.
Of the 928 total deaths recorded since 15 March, 829 were among people with measles symptoms, while 99 died from confirmed measles, the Directorate General of Health Services said.
Dhaka Division has recorded the highest number of deaths with measles symptoms so far, at 366. Sylhet Division reported 138 such deaths. The other divisional figures were 49 in Barishal, 63 in Chattogram, 33 in Khulna, 74 in Mymensingh, 92 in Rajshahi and 14 in Rangpur.
Across the country, 876 more people developed measles symptoms in the past 24 hours, taking the total number of symptomatic cases since 15 March to 147,591, according to official data.
A further 64 people were newly diagnosed with measles in the past 24 hours. That brought the total number of confirmed measles cases in Bangladesh to 18,208 since 15 March.
Hospital admission data showed that 128,825 people with measles symptoms have been admitted to hospital since 15 March. Of them, 124,558 have been discharged after treatment and recovery.
The Directorate General of Health Services’ regular statistics do not include age-wise data on the dead. Epidemiologists say measles can affect people of all ages, although children are more commonly infected.

Bangladesh has launched the Preventive Oral Cholera Vaccination Campaign 2026, targeting 5.175 million people in 14 high-risk upazilas and police station areas nationwide. The first dose will be administered from August 22 to September 21, and the second dose from September 26 to October 25. The vac
1 days ago
Three more people died from dengue across Bangladesh in the past 24 hours, raising the death toll for the year to 74, while 753 more patients were admitted to hospitals, according to a dengue bulletin issued by the Directorate General of Health Services on Tuesday. The bulletin covered the 24-hour
2 days ago
Seven more people died with measles symptoms across Bangladesh in the 24 hours to Monday morning, while no confirmed measles deaths were recorded during the period, according to the Directorate General of Health Services. The figures were published in the health directorate’s measles report on Mond
3 days ago
Bangladesh recorded six more deaths linked to measles symptoms in the 24 hours ending 8am on Sunday, while no confirmed measles deaths were reported during the same period, according to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). The latest measles report published by the DGHS on Sunday said
4 days ago